Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Vacation in Maine - Day 8 (travel)

Well, it's officially over. So sad. Why do vacations have to end? There's something very comforting about coming HOME, but the relaxing and break from life is SO nice!

This vacation was a blast! Not a ton of activities to do, lots of relaxing and site-seeing, no time schedule, making it perfect for our family at this time in our lives. With Ty being 10 months old, it was perfect because I'm still breastfeeding and he's eating baby food, so we didn't have to pay for him to eat (good thing because food was crazy expensive there!). And he flew free so it was a good time to fly somewhere farther away. And the climate was just right to have a baby out in. We had such a fun time together as a family. Family time is so important to us and is something we feel like we don't get near enough of. This was the first time Josh has gotten to spend 8 full days straight with Ty, we were so thankful for that.

To be cautious of any creepy internet blog stalkers out there, I chose not to show our hotel or give the name or show our car or anything. But now that we are home, I wanted to tell you incase any of you are wanting information on where to stay in Maine!

We stayed in Saco, ME at the Hampton Inn. It was a great deal! Such incredible service, a really nice breakfast each morning, heated outdoor pool, cookies each afternoon, workout room, laundry room, clean rooms, we were very impressed! All the sites we wanted to see were anywhere from 10-40 min from our hotel, other than Boston, which was 1 1/2-2 hours away. We had a rental car from Budget, the car was great, really nice, only downfall, we had to pay $65 for an infant seat at the end of the week. ouch.

Since our flight didn't leave until 5:30pm, we stayed in the hotel all morning, and then headed to the mall to just hang out. There we found a Carousel! Had to give Ty his first ride!!!

The flight to Chicago went well, after about 30 min. Ty fell asleep. The flight from Chicago to Wichita was a little different. He wasn't fussy, but he was VERY squirmy! We were worn out from trying to refrain him from getting down to crawl and sitting still is just not something Ty does well unless it's within the first 5 min. after a nap! So it was a struggle, finally with about 30 min left in the flight he relaxed and fell asleep.

Flying in and out of Chicago we took the opportunity to take pictures of the city, in hopes we would see Uncle Brett, Aunt Kavia and Cousin Micaela!! We didn't spot them, but it was sure fun to think of them somewhere down there! It looked like a great city I'm sure they will love it.

We landed about 10:10pm, which is an hour early than Eastern time. So today, we are sleepy, and Josh headed into work and we are busy doing laundry, cleaning, unpacking, and trying to regroup and get organized after a vacation here at home!

Vacations are the BEST!

1 comment:

  1. Oh doesn't Ty look like a big boy on the Merry-Go-Round! :)