Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pain

Lately God has really opened my eyes to the pain around me. It’s amazing how God creates us with hearts of compassion and the ability to experience pain for others, even if we are not directly going through the painful (physical, emotional, etc) experience ourselves. I believe God’s tender heart is placed inside of us to be used to minister, support, grief along side and love others as they walk through difficult times. If we didn’t have the compassion and tenderness of God, we would be cold-hearted and self-centered and numb to the pain of others, only aware of what is happening in our own lives. I believe God gives us the friends to turn to in times of trouble, someone to physically share tears with, someone to hug, someone to call and trust.

In Psalm 31:9 it says, “Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief.”

This verse is so real to those grieving and as my heart is filled with tenderness from the Lord, this verse becomes so real to me. It’s amazing to me how I can cry out in pain to the Lord, even as those in Haiti are experiencing the pain, and those friends dear to my heart are overcome with sadness and heartache. My heart aches too.

God calls us to love everyone. And it is my belief when you love someone, I mean, truly love someone, you live every emotional time in their life with them.

So today Lord, my heart is aching and grieving, I have pain because this life is hard, it’s not perfect, we will experience pain, and I’m saddened deeply because of the pain I’m experiencing with those I love. Praise You, Lord, that you give us hope, I know that pain will not last forever and You were, are and always will be Lord over all and have complete understanding over all. Help me rest in that, give me peace that settles my soul through that.

Psalm 31:24 “Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.”

2 comments:

  1. debbuhrman3@hotmail.comJanuary 19, 2010 at 1:15 PM

    Thanks Amy for the reminder we do have hope in the Lord and He knows our pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tender heart is a blessing to those you reach out to. Thank you for your service to others and for your heartfelt message.

    ReplyDelete